12/23/2011

A White Christmas

Apparently the way to make it snow in Maine is for me to make travel plans.  
I woke up this morning to a coupe of inches of snow on the ground and encasing the trees.  
I admit it.  It was pretty. 

I got up, packed up my truck, and hit the road.  The roads were much better than the pre-Thanksgiving Day drive.  In fact I had left early to account for the weather, thinking I would still get to my Aunt Donna's house  around noon time for lunch.  Well... because the roads were good I got there about 11:30.  I had a great visit with her and my Aunt Sharon.  We visited for about 4 hours!  It was WONDERFUL!  Thanks to Donna for being the always gracious hostess, to Sharon for venturing out in the snow, and to both of them for feeding me!  

I got to the lake around 4:30 and visited for a bit and spent the evening with some of my parents old friends.  It was nice.  It feels good to be here and I am looking forward to relaxing.  Here are some pictures I took at a rest area along the way.  
(Remember... my winter goal is to find beauty in the winter... through my camera... )  






No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place