12/31/2012

Thank You 2012

I thought yesterday's post would be the final post for 2012, but since I find myself at home tonight, I figured I would post again... I decided to stay put tonight, I didn't want to be out late and didn't put any effort into trying to find something to do... and I am happy about my decision.  I am enjoying the quiet as well as being surrounded by my cats.  I just read the post I had written at the end of 2011 and it was filled with optimism and gratitude... and I feel fortunate that this year has been the same.  Something that I did not realize until tonight, is that in 2012 I didn't lose anyone I was really close to... 2012 was filled with challenges and changes... positive changes... today one of my friends asked me if I thought that 2013 could possibly top 2012.  Without hesitation I said yes!  2012 was incredible.... but as we all know two of the most stressful things in life, rated by the so called experts, are moving and getting a new job.  Both have been amazing and changes I needed and could not be happier about.  2012 is also the year that I have felt happy again... not just content, but happy.  So yes, it will be hard to top all of those things, but... now that I am settled into my new place, and into my new job, I can relax and begin to do other things that I love.  I can open myself up for new adventures and hopefully plan and take at least one trip.  I hope to meet Michael in 2013... I am still amazed and feel so fortunate that I consider him such a close friend when we have never sat across the table from one another and shared a live conversation.  2013 will be a year in which Betty does not have to battle cancer.   2013 will involve more time with my family... February will include another winter adventure when I take the boys up to spend time with Dad and Betty.  Sis and I will have more chances to spend time together, hopefully some with Jacey.  We will all gather as Jacey graduates with her Bachelor's degree and celebrate her accomplishments and will cheer loudly when she is accepted into her graduate program.  There will be kayaking... oh yeah and apparently snowshoeing... (I think I am going to have my first snowshoe adventure next weekend!)  I also hope to make good on my hope to do something to challenge myself for my next birthday... I believe I wanted to attempt to challenge my fear of heights by doing some indoor rock wall climbing... Still have a few months to think on that one!

Of course there are things that I have anxiety about in 2013... cancer... which is greatly impacting the lives of many people... two specifically come to mind.... my friend Debbie of course... I am confident that this year will bring even more challenges to her and her family and I know that whatever curve balls are thrown at them, they will attempt to hit them out of the park and argue with the umpire if a strike is called... they will share tears and laughter... and love... and I will do better at being present for all of them...
and my friend Pam's husband, Mark... they learned last week that Mark's brain tumor is growing, quickly, and they have decided to discontinue the experimental treatments they have been doing...  and I worry, that while I work hard to live in the moment, to embrace happiness, that the rug will be pulled out... but that fear is gradually decreasing... and I know that at some point something bad will happen, but I also know that I can't let that dictate how I live...

So, 2012, Thanks for the love and 2013, you better start figuring out how 2012's shoes are gonna be filled!



No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place