3/28/2010

Stella Kitty & today's workout...

This is my Stella... in her cat carrier... as we sat at the emergency vet clinic last night... Stella has some blood in her urine... after doing some online research and calling the emergency vet, I decided it was smart to take her into the emergency vet... she has a urinary tract infection...is now on antibiotics and will be given some special food... in order to monitor her food and water intake and output, I have her segregated in my bathroom, away from the other felines... she is not happy and neither are the others... they seem to be congregating around the bathroom door to visit her. We got home form the vet around 12:30 a.m. and I got her set up in the bathroom, and was supposed to give her the first of the antibiotics, but was supposed to make sure she had some food in her belly... so.... I hung out in the bathroom with her for a while and made sure she had some food... then managed to get that pill down her throat... which was not fun...so I was up until about 2 a.m.

I have every reason to think that she is going to be okay... but there is that little piece of my brain that thinks she is doomed... when it comes to cats, I have had a couple die from kidney failure as young kittens... and can't help but wonder...

And then there is the part of my brain that did some math and thought that the meds would run out on April 18th...the day my mom died last year... and prior to my mom's cancer she had what the docs thought was a simple UTI... so.. my mind went to all kinds of crazy places... but... I realized I was a week off... the meds will run out April 11th...which is easier in my brain to handle... ugh...

I hope Stella is okay... and I hope that after a couple of days, as her urine output increases, I will be able to let her hang with her sister kitties...

So.. of course Stella getting sick, the timing of it... makes me shake my head... and I know that it is something that brings my focus back to my mom's death... there is a lot to think about with that..


Drastically changing the subject because I don't want to think about it all right now, at this moment....

So my knee has been bothering me after walking... my right knee, my non-pvns knee... and I have been freaking out... worrying that pvns is back on the prowl... even though my doc has said she thinks it is tendinitis... and from what I have researched, think I believe her... so I had not done any exercise this week, because I had a busy week and because I was feeling discouraged and sorry for myself that my knee hurts, and also used the excuse of my doctor telling me not to do weight bearing activities... this morning I had planned to meet up with Sue to go to the gym to bike... and because I was up so late with Stella I told her I couldn't go that early, but that I would go on my own later... which I did... I was thinking to myself... that if this knee issue is more than tendinitis, my knee will not tolerate biking... so I took inspiration from the last episode of the biggest loser, and decided to bike a marathon, 26.2 miles... so I did! I started out on the recumbent bike and did 14 miles...then switched to the stationary bike and did the rest...12.2 miles...

It took me a little less than 75 minutes to do it. I was unsure if I would be able to walk afterwards, knowing that sometimes my legs get all jello-y after biking for a long time, but I was okay... and went grocery shopping afterwards... I am going to ice my knee tonight, just as a precaution, but... it does make me feel a little better... pvns would not tolerate biking a marathon! Right?! Fingers crossed! Tuesday I will get an evaluation done by PT and look forward to it. I hope it's good news, with a strict plan to get me back on pace for my half marathon...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place