9/07/2009

Weekend Update...

It was so nice to have a long weekend... 4 days off... I could do with that every weekend. I slept in a little each day and then tried to be active while also doing some school stuff. Friday I hit the gym and did a mile on the elliptical to warm up and then did my abs and weight training with my arms. Then Saturday, was the big day... I walked 8 miles! Yahooo! In 2 hours and 40 minutes... 20 minute miles... My training schedule for the half marathon dictated this to me... and I was nervous. I wondered how I would hold up, how my knee would hold up. And... I did well, my knee did well... my feet hurt some... but I was much less sore and stiff than I anticipated. Sunday I decided to skip Zumba to give my lower body a break, so I went kayaking. I paddled for almost two hours. Today, should have been a rest day, but I think my rest days will be Wednesdays because I have class those nights and it makes for a long day. So, I went to the gym this morning and walked on the treadmill for two miles in 36 minutes... probably a little quicker than my pace will be for the marathon, but good for training purposes... (probably slow for some people out there, but I'll take it!) Then I went for a bike ride tonight, but only went 3.3 miles... I was supposed to bike the marathon route with a friend so we know what we are walking, but she needed to change her plans... so I went for a solo ride, much less than 13.1 miles... but my body let me know that 3.3 miles was enough... Tomorrow she and I are going to ride the marathon route...

I am kind of excited that I am being so active... I feel good and because I am feeling so good I am eating well too. I have decided on my weight loss goal... officially... by Oct. 1, 2010... I will weigh 100 pounds less than I do today. I think it's do-able... that's about 8 pounds a month... about 2 pounds a week... realistic... It's a process... but I want this... badly. I want to be physically fit! I will be physically fit!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place