9/25/2009

Passion...

I went to see the movie FAME tonight with some coworkers. The movie was entertaining, though the plot, I felt, was lacking...however it was a beautiful display of talent, pure, raw talent. I know the people in the movie were actors and were portraying kids who were passionate about their craft... but the people in that movie were talented and, acting or not, had passion. Beautiful passion. Their love for what they were doing, wanted to do, was evident and something to behold...

And watching the movie I looked at my life... and wondered... do I have that kind of passion... for anything... do I? I think it's there, somewhere... but, it's hard for me to find right now... Yes, I am passionate about the students with whom I work, and doing things to help them. But... it isn't as strong as I have known it to be... painting... I haven't painted in a long time... I think there is passion... somewhere inside... but it is muted...

I must find a way to turn up the volume... not sure how... but at least knowing I am looking for a way, I feel okay...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place