9/29/2009

Good or Bad?

So I got to work today and realized that I didn't have my cell phone with me. I panicked. This is the first day since my mom had been sick that I didn't have my cell phone within reach. It was very odd... and distracted me a lot today. My phone was always on, always within reach, as mom's illness progressed. I didn't want to be out of contact with mom, dad, and my sister... not for any amount of time. I constantly found myself feeling my pocket with my hand to reassure myself that my phone was there and often took it out to check for any missed calls that may have occurred if I entered a signal-less area... Since mom has died, my compulsion to have my phone glued to my body has reduced... but having it close still provides some kind of weird comfort. So, the fact that I left my house today, without it...makes me wonder... is that a good thing or a bad thing? Am I trusting more in life, that I won't get phone calls that will further rip my life apart or... am I losing my mind, along with my memory?

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place