9/21/2009

New picture

I haven't posted pics in a while... this is me, before the 10K... not a great shot, but I wanted to take a picture of myself before my first road race... next year's pic will be better!



Today, the day after my first 10k, was a pretty good day. I ate lunch with the other teachers in my wing... usually I avoid doing that because in the past, there has been a lot of negativity there, but this year it has been better... so far... so.. I joined my peers and there were three of us who had participated yesterday. It was fun to talk about how we all did and how it felt for us. It was nice to hear that people met or exceeded their goals. But I have to admit, there is a part of me that felt less than... for having walked the 10k instead of having ran it... despite lots of praise and support for my good showing, and for being proud of myself... there was part of me that felt like I was not at the same level as those that ran... but... that stems from my own insecurities, I get that... My ego was stroked, however, when one of the women who ran the 10k said that she will never do another 10k, that she will stick to 5k races because she has no desire to go further....and proceeded to tell me that she has no idea how i can even take on doing 13 miles... I reminded her that I would be walking, and she said that didn't matter... that I would be doing it...and she doesn't know how she could ever do it...and that she has a lot of respect for me taking that on.... that's a pretty nice compliment... I really want to finish the half marathon in under 4 hours....

but I have to admit, that I have started looking up other possible races... still only walking though... and am contemplating getting a team together for next year's relay for life... a walk that raises money for cancer... I read about it online last night and it brought tears to my eyes... I am sure it would be an emotional event, but would also be a great tribute to my mom... we'll see how that plays out... for now... I am focused on 13.1....

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place