8/27/2009

Back to School


















































It's official...

Today was my first day of school.... a teacher day, but it counts. It is so much more fun to have days with the kids. It's strange, returning to school this year. In some ways I am ready for it... I think the daily routine is going to be great for me, and keep me in a good place of working out and being healthy...but I have really enjoyed this summer and would be okay having that continue for a while. But... I will just need to make sure I make time for fun...

I am nervous about re-starting my graduate classes... I will be taking one class this semester and while I have done this before, I am nervous about it... I think I am worried about seeing people with whom I have taken other classes who knew my mom was sick...and having to face people asking me about her... but it will be okay... I am also more in the mode of being the teacher than being the student. I am looking forward to the kids. However, completing this class will mark a milestone. It will mean that I will be able to be certified as an assistant principal... will I use that anytime soon? Maybe... The politics have already started at my job and it is so frustrating... and for someone who often likes to have control... an admin role may not be that bad... we'll see.

On a different note... on Tuesday, two of my fellow teachers and I went kayaking. One of them had never been before and she loved it. It was wonderful to spend time with them outside of school, doing something I love so much.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place