12/20/2008

My mom... is amazing... her attitude is unbelievable to me... I think if I werein her shoes I would be telling everyone they were number one without using my index finger... but mom... as usual... is making things easier on other people. Today she had a lot of company... and I admire people for that... it is so hard to visit people in a hospital when things go well.. and visiting under these circumstances ... well.. I think is very brave... My good friend Deb stoppped by to see me today and that meant so much... she has a lot of things going on in her own family right now and she understands a lot of how i am feeling... and Debbie's best quality is her big big heart... and I love her for that... for wearing her heart on her sleeve...One of my uncles is having a very hard time with the news... He was here with us when the doc talked with us after surgery... and this hits cery close to home for him... he too suffered with kidney cancer and has been in remission... thankfully... but I can't imagine how he is feeling... the thoughts that are inside his head... trying to make sense of all this is hard... more than hard... I love that he is being honest with himself about what he can and can't do... I think that we all need to do that more...

I'm with mom in her room tonight. She told me that she wasn't sure if she needed someone ornot.. but throughout the day she hinted about feeling more comgotable if I did stay... so there really is no decision to be made. Tomorrow may be different... Dad is back at the hotel. He seems to be doing ok.. but I did notice his back bothered him a couple of times today. I am thankful that he will go relax at the hotel a couple of times throughout the day.

My sister had to leave today... to make it home for Christmas... tried to avoid the snow... but drove into some bad weather... but she made it.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place