12/13/2008

A Long Weekend

School was cancelled yesterday. Boo hoo.... Just kidding. I was thrilled to not have to go to work. Earlier in the week I was tempted to take a day off just to relax a little, but knowing that I will be missing time next week for mom's surgery I didn't feel I could take a day... so yesterday was nice. Although there wasn't any power at my apartment for most of the day... the storm we had brought with it a lot of ice and made it very tough going. Several people in Maine still do not have power. It's crazy. Without power yesterday I was productive. I worked on organizing my craft room which has yet to be functional... but it is close. I need to do a little more in there and have decided to buy some shelves to finish getting it set up. I will do that after I get back from mom's surgery or after Christmas... or whenever I have time.

So... how am I doing with all this... well... when I first got back here after THanksgiving I was a mess for a few days... then I kind of shut down... and then felt very ambivalent about everything... so I reached out to Rico earlier this week... asked him if he had similar feelings when his mom was going through her battle with cancer. He said... you don't know how to feel because you don't know where you are... true. I thought that was a good way to think about it. I don't know where I am because I don't know what is about to happen. Today... I simply feel tired... very tired.

I think that my routine has allowed me to ignore this a little... but now this weekend... it is in my face as I prepare to get ready.. packing etc. So... I am not sure how I will be feeling as Weds. gets closer. Tomorrow I need to do my sub plans and get things in order in my classroom to decrease my anxiety about being gone.

I am not sure how much I will be able to blog this week, but I will try to keep people updated... send positive thoughts to Maine this week... to my mom and our family...

thanks.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place