8/04/2008

Two miles

I worked two shifts this weekend on the tolls... On Saturday I worked from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. then went back in at 10 Sat. night until 6 Saturday morning. I was pretty tired after that. I didn't sleep much because my body wondered what was going on.

I had made a deal with myself... if I got called to go in to work a shift I would say yes... no matter what. I didn't follow through with that deal today. I didn't sleep well last night at at 6:15 this morning my phone rang and I was asked to fill a 7-3 shift today at a plaza that is 20 miles from here... I probably should have said yes, but I said no.

My body has been feeling good. I have been working out regularly and am feeling strong. But after working this weekend my body felt achy and I felt like I needed a day to be at home. Had I worked today I doubt I would have gone to the gym... and I had a great workout at the gym today... which I needed. So... I feel a bit guilty about not taking the shift, but I am glad I had the day to myself. I really didn't do too much. I did some writing and then went to the gym.

Since finding out that I don't currently have PVNS I have been hitting the gym pretty hard. I have returned to weight training and it's amazing how much different it makes me feel. I feel like I can hold my body up better...

My left quad is still weaker than the right, but it is getting better. I have been using the weight machines at the gym and I have been doing all of them one leg at a time. Most of them are designed to do both legs at once, but I find I can really do better if I do one leg at a time. I focus more on my form and more on going at a slow pace. I think I will be able to increase the weight that I have been doing soon... I am trying to remember to only increase things 10% a week, like my doctor told me.

I did the elliptical today too... and I went at a pretty slow pace. I did 2 miles in 30 minutes. 4 mph... which is not a great pace, but... I am trying to be more zen about my thinking and to remember that it wasn't long ago that the elliptical didn't even recognize me as being there... I was nonexistent to that machine because I was not strong enough to make it work fast enough. January 23 I was ecstatic because I had done a half mile on that thing.... and it was Dec. 8 that I was thrilled because I had done 5 minutes without the machine thinking I had paused... so... I am happy with 2 miles...it's progress... and today as I was ellipticalling (not really a word!) I thought about that and about how I need to do more of that... being happy with progress and less concerned with what I can't yet do...

This entry is going to be cut short... my neighbor just turned on the grill and I am going to cook me some chicken for dinner...

Later Gators!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place