8/26/2008

Opening Day... tomorrow

School starts tomorrow... well technically it started Monday, but the first day with kids is tomorrow. I have been in my classroom, quite a bit, but still had quite a bit to do... that I thought I would get done today. THOUGHT being the key word. I have things that I need to sort through, materials given to me by other people. I didn't want to put it away until I had decided what to keep and what to throw...and find a place to put it to stay organized.... WELL.... this morning we had a FOUR hour staff meeting... sitting in the auditorium, listening to our leader tell us that we need to keep kids engaged and moving around... Hello? If those rules apply to kids, you should model that with adults... 4 hours was way too long to stay there... Then... we were SUPPOSED to have time to work in our classrooms... but one of my esteemed colleagues needed to meet with me ant the other people in our department..why? because she needed help with scheduling... which by the way we did last spring... and at the time she refused to do it... sooooooo... I gave up about 2 hours today dealing with it! YUCK! I was so mad at this woman.. and I could tell the two other women with me were feeling similarly...after all we spent hours on it last spring when she wasn't... so I said so... I said that I wasn't trying to be mean, but that I was frustrated because this should have been...could have been done so we could be in our classrooms... she was not happy... and I felt like telling her to take her Daisy Duke shorts wearing middle aged self and go somewhere far away... but I didn't. I stayed there... fuming... until I finally said... ok.. tell me what information you need from me, because I am leaving and going to my room. SO ... that's what happened.

I was mad... there were added stressors on top of that too... I got two new students...twins... about which I know very little... and I already have a high maintenance parent... for whom I have had to do a lot of leg work and conversations with administrators about.... so I fumed and put things away in my classroom... without sorting them... so basically I hid them, so that my room looks good... I still have a few more things to hide, but I had to leave tonight... HAD to get out of there...I need to go there early tomorrow morning... I mean.. EARLY... I want to be there by 6:15 at the latest... which means I need to be at the gym...well... if I do cardio only.... by 5..... ugh! I have hit the gym before work the last couple of days and am so glad I did... I would not have felt like going tonight, that's for sure. Oh yeah!!! A LOOOONG time ago on the blog... I wrote about a man at the gym, fondly named "Eye Candy Guy." To refresh your memories.. he is maybe in his late thirties, has distinghuished salt and pepper hair... looks like a down to earth, nice guy... adorable... and I enjoy him... I have told myself that I must never engage him in conversation or listen to him talking with anyone else... because if, IF, if he is unintelligent... that would really let me down...REALLY... and that would ruin the whole eye candy guy image... Typically he works out in the mornings... and yesterday I told my friend Sue that I wondered if he was going to be there... well.. on my way out of the gym... who happened to be parked near my vehicle, getting out of his car??? ECG (Eye candy guy!) Oh crap... what do I do... We are going to pass by each other... if I say nothing... I am being snobby... crap crap crap.... so as we approach each other, I say, "Good morning." He looked at me, smiling and said, "Morning, how are you?" Ok... phew... nothing about his intelligence was revealed in that interaction... I saw him again today... from afar again. So... the fantasy continues!

OH!!! I have to say that while the picture above is all about stress... My gal pal Sara has my back. she called tonight and we laughed... love that girl. What did we laugh about... a lot... nothing... all of the above.. just laughed... Oh yeah, I gotta post a pic of our adventure to Moosehead Lake a few weeks ago... here it is:
So... I can't say that I call all of these people my friends... they are friends..and friends of friends....and some people who are becoming friends... we all had matching t-shirts, designed by my gal Sara... Good Job S!

Ok.. I have ramled eough that I am relaxing.. I now need to pack for the gym... pick out what to wear tomorrow with the kiddos... and hit the hay!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place