8/13/2008

On the Road Again...Northbound!

I am heading north for one final adventure before school starts. I will leave tomorrow morning to visit my parents, who are camping in my favorite spot. I am hoping to see some moose! Mom and dad called me yesterday to make sure that I am still coming...Mom was sounding pretty good. She is in the part of her treatment where she is off the medication for a couple of weeks. So far when she has been off her meds she has felt worse than when she is on them... so we have grown to anticipate that pattern... it is a nice surprise that she is doing ok so far. That doesn't mean that she won't get sick feeling while I am there, but I would love for her to feel good. She felt bad last time when I was there that, in her words, she wasn't much company. I am happy to visit with her no matter what.

I have been in my classroom over the last couple of days. It is coming along pretty good. I moved to a new classroom and am unpacking not only my materials, but materials other teachers have given me. I am trying to weed through things I will use and things I won't. My focus will be math again this year, so other teachers have given me materials they won't be using because they are focusing on other subjects. I am sure a lot of it will be helpful. Some of it is OLD... O-L-D old. Gotta get rid of that stuff. I saw a few people at school today and everyone asked about my mom and about my knee. I was happy to report that mom has had a decent summer, considering... and that my knee has been doing well.

I can't believe summer is coming to a close.... I am looking forward to getting back into a daily routine... I think I am going to get back to going to the gym in the morning...but I am not sure yet...

Enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place