4/22/2014

Relaxed...

It's Tuesday Morning... I am in Breckenridge, Colorado... It is beautiful here.... a little town nestled in the mountains.  It is a ski town and Sunday is the final day of the season here.. some of the shops have already closed and will wait for the summer season which one shop keeper told me would begin in June.  I feel very lucky that Rico has shown me so much of this area.  Sunday morning we went out for brunch at a great restaurant and then walked around Denver a bit before going to the Rockies Game.  The game was a lot of fun.  We had club seats... which meant that we had easier access, complete with shorter lines,  to food and beverage vendors and bathrooms.  The stadium is beautiful, Coors field... I know I am supposed to be a defender of all things Red Sox, but I gotta say that sitting in Coors field, overlooking the mountains on a sunny 70 degree day in which the clouds provided some much appreciated overcast conditions just when it started feeling hot...was pretty perfect.  I prefer other sports to baseball to be honest... would rather watch hockey or football... but again, Coors Stadium with the Rocky Mountains behind it... was pretty perfect. 
After the game we went to a sports bar near Rico's condo and met up with a girl with whom  I went to high school.  She has lived in Denver for 13 years I think she said... and loves it... but she said that she does get used to the mountains, the views from the city and admits she takes it for granted... I think that is sad... Rico seems to relish the mountains... the area and what it has to offer... I know it is new to me, this scenery, but I think I would appreciate it.  When I go up to the mountain in Maine to go camping I continue to be in awe of the views and the feelings of peace that come with it.  I also think that I appreciate living so close to the ocean and having the opportunities to walk the beach or watch the waves crash. 
It is beautiful here... I have had fun and look forward to the rest of my time here.  We have not planned a lot else... but may go to the Garden of the Gods... which I have heard good things about... and I admit... my mind is shifting gears...back to Maine... and my kayaks are calling loudly and clearly... to get them out of storage and to put them in the water!  I am ready for that too. 

I have found some good souviniers and while I was hoping to find some small piece of art that I could take home with me... (and maybe I still will) .... I like my choices... I bought a pair of earrings, a water bottle that says Rocky Mountains, a Rockies hat, some Christmas ornaments... and a nice picture frame...

Maybe once I get all my pictures uploaded one of them will inspire me to do a painting of my own...

This trip has been good for me... I have felt less stress in my shoulders... and have had moments where I have not thought about anything except what I was doing in the moment... I need to do more things like this for myself... more things to get away, to see new things... and enjoy it...


No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place