4/20/2014

Horseback Riding and Beerfest....


This is a picture of me with Rico and one of his friends at yesterday's beerfest at a local watering hole here in Denver.  We had a lot of fun.  I am not a beer girl...at all...but there were some hard ciders that were delicious.  I am usually not excited about things like this... big crowds and beer.. but this was a lot of fun.  I think being in a new place allowed me to have fewer inhibitions and I talked to quite a few people.  People here are very friendly.  

Before the beerfest Rico and his wife took me out to where his wife keeps her horse... I got to ride the horse... it was a cool experience.  I am not gonna lie, I was scared.  It was high off the ground, or at least felt it... it was hard getting onto the horse.. Rico and his wife helped... I think that it felt strange because there was really nothing ot hold onto except the reigns and it showed me just how little balance I have.  Walter, the horse, was very patient with me.  I was sending him mixed messages leaning one way and trying to get him to go the other way.  Rico's wife talked me through it... she held the lead for a while then asked if I wanted to try it solo... I did, but she was close by.  

This is the first time I have met Rico's wife.  She is very nice.  She is giving Rico and I lots of time together.  She is not a beerfest kind of girl, so she stayed home while we found some mischief.  

I am so appreciative of their hospitality.  

And did I mention it is beautiful here? 


No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place