4/17/2014

Look Out Rico!

I am sitting at home... the sun is shining through my windows and the cats have found some sunbeams in which to relax.  I am officially on vacation!!  I cannot express here how good that feels!  I am in such need of a break... work has been intense.. and I made it clear to people that I will not be checking email after today until next Friday.  Because of a couple of things going on I did have to agree to answer my phone if the principal or superintendent call... but they promised they won't call unless they really need to...
So... back to VACATION!  When one uses the word 'vacation' it often conjures up images of planes and sunshine... for me... vacations usually involve family... going north to see Dad, Betty, and my other family members... or going to visit Sis and the boys... Heading up north when I am away from cell reception and get to kayak with my moose and other critters, I do feel like I am on a vacation... but... the last time I went on vacation... (besides a couple of trips to NYC) was after college... my roommate and I went on a cruise to the Bahamas...but other than that... I have not had a VACATION since then... until now.  I am getting on a plane tomorrow and flying to Denver!  Rico and his wife have agreed to be my hosts and for that I am very grateful.  I will be away from everything familiar... in a place I have never been... and I am looking forward to not having to be in control of every moment... not being responsible for what other people are doing... and feeling like I have to fix everything... Denver will not know what hit it once I leave!  I am packing no dress clothes... which feels a little strange... but given what my hosts have planned I don't believe I will need any... and I am excited about that.  I am not an expert traveler.  I have weighed my suitcase several times (my airline limits each suitcase to 50lbs...)  and depending on how I put it on the scale it weighs 41, 44 or 49 lbs... what if their scale is different and it is over? I did go online and change my seat... from the center seat on any old row to a seat in an exit row... and it's a window seat... which I debated about.. an aisle or a window... but where the seat is... it looks like there will be lots of room to get by to the aisle if I need to get up and stretch..AND close to the bathroom. As my Dad would say... Good Deal!

I plan on taking lots of pictures and truly go along for the ride! 

In the meantime.. I had not posted any pictures of a recent beach walk... so I am going to post them here...













No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place