7/19/2013

Sailing Sailing... ok.. not really

No I did not sail today, but I paddled... around some beautiful sail boats... and it made me think a lot of sailing... which I have never done, except on a schooner... once... which was beautiful... This morning I met up early with some friends, newbie paddlers, per se... One friend, Tracey, wants so badly to buy a kayak, and is struggling with what kind she wants... and then one of my old coworkers and his wife, who, bought a tandem kayak two weeks ago.  He is a GREAT guy and one of the people I miss from my old job...

Today, paddling, reminded me of why I stay in Maine... how much I love it here... (In the summer!) 


Where we put in there was a sign that warned us that at low tide, there is no water here... so... we made sure to return well before low tide! 



Serenity!

It was beautiful... the sun was hiding a bit, so the lighting was funky to take pictures, but it was beautiful... and cool on the water... 

Sailboats are so pretty! 







For some reason... this was my favorite sail boat today... 



Cool to get so close to the boats.


  Cormorant... asking me to dance, I believe! 




Osprey nest...human provided... very cool! 


  
Parents circled as we got closer... the baby was quite chatty... 


Then one of the parents landed and gave us the evil eye! 



A boat called... "I'm easy"... like it because it looks like a little cottage... paned glass door... CUTE! 


Bye Bye boys... have fun storming the castle!  (Oh wait.. that's from the Princess Bride... what's a castle doing here?) 




Colorful kayaks... 


we located the LLBean kayak school dock... 


LOVE the colors! 





Some bruises from last night's performance of "Ass over Tea Kettle!" 




Different view of bruises.. not sure you can see the cut on my ankle too..

Tried to show the bruise/swelling on my foot too... but hard to see in the picture, outer top part of mid foot...

A house I could live in... if they asked me to! 

Sailing School





My home away from home!  


Back to the nest... 


LOVE this picture... not sure why... but I do





What a beautiful morning... 
followed by a meeting about being a contributor to a kayaking book!  More on that later! 

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place