7/18/2013

Ass over Tea Kettle

My grandmother had some funny sayings... Ass over tea kettle was one of them... An expression to describe one's style of falling... Never really thought about it til now... I suppose if one was carrying a tea kettle and you fall with such force your ass goes over the tea kettle... You have fallen hard... Ad perhaps with style...

What brought my mind to this image? Well...yours truly did a little ass over tea kettling tonight... While in a skirt.  Excellent.

I headed into town for an outdoor concert and after parking decided to,walk around a bit while I waited to meet friends... As I was walking I was looking ahead and failed to notice that where I was walking was uneven, a gully, if you will, in the bricks... And my right foot landed in the gully and I twisted my foot/ankle... Which is already nicely bruising and swollen, I might add... I was wearing shorts under my skirt... Because it was a windy night and the skirt was flowy... So... At least when my ass went over my tea kettle, nobody got a sneak peek at anything... Before I knew it, I was surrounded by good Samaritans... One older couple... The wife commanded her husband to fetch my phone which had gone flying and landed hard, breaking its case and chipping the corner of the phone itself... Wile she asked me if I was ok... Others checked as well... Of course my priority was to get right up, get away from said Samaritans and check myself over... Walked to a bench... And looked down.. Blood... On my left knee,on my left ankle, on my right baby toe, and a goose egg on my right foot, top/side area between toe and ankle... So.. I walked back to my truck, thinking my first aid kit was there... It wasn't.. (Mental note to replace it!) as I was looking for tissues that same older couple walked by, checked on me again... The lady shared she was a retired nurse and had noticed my scar, was worried thinking it was a knee replacement and that maybe I had hurt myself... And she gave me band aids! How sweet! I managed to clean myself up and enjoy the evening... But think I will be sore tomorrow!
Grateful for the kindness of strangers.. And glad I am not broken.. At least I don't think I am... But we will see what the morning holds!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place