11/13/2011

Albany, NY

I was in NY for the weekend... visiting my sister and my nephews... had a great time.  I got there about 8:30 Thursday night.  The drive here was yucky because the first half was rainy with tough visibility and there were a lot of places with slow moving traffic due to accidents, construction, or because it was Massachusetts... there are a lot of places in MA that are just slow going and Thursday it was really slow... it was nice to get to Albany and meet Sis and the boys at the apartment in downtown Albany.  The boys were happy to see me and I was happy to get here... excited to see my sister's apartment for the first time.   Friday I got to have some time with the boys, just me and them... we went bowling and then out for ice cream.  Then that night my sister and I got a chance to have dinner together... it was nice to visit, to really visit... Saturday morning we went to see my middle nephew, Jack, play hockey... and then brought the boys back to the apartment and all made dinner together. Her apartment is near a park and I had a chance to take the boys to the playground for a while.  It was fun!

I am proud of my sister for the changes she has made... Change is hard... but as she knows... sometimes not changing can be harder...She is making things work, and work well.  I am proud of her! Love ya, Sis!

Here are some pics...
The baby of the family... 



Jack... bowling with style...



Our impressions of that dude on the wall:





The oldest... Ben... 7th grader... growing up so fast... unbelievable... 
 The nice picture... I like this one because Jack is looking up to Ben... in a lot of ways...

And... The after... Be silly boys... of course it had to involve some physical contact!





Jack's Hockey Game today: 






This next picture... my sister saw it and said, "omg he looks just like us!"
Us??  Hmmm... not sure I would say that.. But... you may want to compare it to the picture after this one...



So... perhaps he looks just like ONE of us? Hmmmm??? Perhaps his mother??  

Here is the same lady, but a more flattering picture:  


We got to go to the park.  I loved watching them play... just play... 












this next pic is my youngest nephew... with his sea monkeys... yes they still sell those things... 


 Sis making sushi.. I supervised... she said it was going to be veggie sushi... and I wanted to make sure mine did not contain wasabi... or sea monkeys!!! 
Thanks for a great weekend, Lady!  

2 comments:

carolee said...

oh, dear. that face. so great to see you! thanks for visiting. :)

TallGal said...

Could have posted the other shot... the one of you pulling on your shirt... ha ha

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place