4/03/2011

First Beach Day of 2011

Yup! today was the day I decided to go to the beach! And what a GREAT choice it was! It was cool, but not frigid... I wore my winter hat and had mittens on (which I had to take off a lot to play with shells and sand dollars!)



I am sooo glad I went today. I got up and did some things around my apartment and the sun kept calling me... so I decided it was a beach day! I am including some pictures for you.

This is the pier! I start walking at a beach that is about 3 miles form the pier and try to get there before turning around. Sometimes the wind is too cold, but today it was bearable and I really enjoyed it! I love the way the sunlight and shadows play on the pier!

The pier from afar! ONe of my good friends once told me... if you can see it, you can walk to it!

I liked this shell... not because of the shell actually, but because of the way its presence changes the texture of the sand...

I almost missed spying this little sand dollar. I loved how subtle it looked!

BLUE SKIES!!!


I like sand dollars. Today I found a few diffrent sand dollars that had different colors in them. I am not sure if that's because they were at different stages...meaning that I wonder if the color is because of how long ago they died... but I also would like to think that it's just originality!

A day like today is always good for me. Walking on the beach, feeling the sun, and just being... Of course I would have loved to have had Matt's company while walking there, but since he had to work, the beach was a good place to spend part of the day. I also thought a lot of my mom today... as the beach, the ocean, was something she loved so much.

It was a nice way to spend the afternoon and I can't wait to do that walk again soon!

1 comment:

Maineman said...

Hey, those pictures of the Pier and the beach look so familiar ;-)
Great shots! It sure did look like a nice day to go. I'm glad you found the relaxation and enjoyment of your day there. I think it's amazing how the beach has such a refreshing feeling that can bring out joy in people. And yes, the sun has it's ways of reflecting some neat shadows. And it is awesome to see the sunset while on the beach. It looked like a nice day there for sure! I'm sure you will get to do that walk again soon, real soon ;-)

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place