4/01/2010

I had forgotten...

I had forgotten that PT can stand for things other than physical therapy... physical torture comes to mind...ok, maybe that's a little extreme for today's PT session... My physical therapist started our session by massaging the IT band... sounds nice, right? massage? Well, it hurt... my IT band is very tender... VERY tender... way more than I realized... I had only been feeling pain after walking for a while, I hadn't realized it hurt if it was touched... apparently massaging it helps... and I will try to do it at home too.... though I am sure that I cannot get the same angle and pressure, but it can't hurt. Then we moved onto some exercises.. these were not painful at all, in fact, I barely felt anything, which my PT guy had forewarned me of... we ended with 60 seconds of me walking on a bosu, on the soft side, with the hard plastic side down. Which seemed pretty easy... (By the way, this picture is a bosu.)

So.. still no more than 1.5 miles of walking...no more than every other day... but I can add the bosu exercise to the mix, for 60 seconds every other day... really? ugh.. I must do what I am told... I hate that... but I will do it... I will I will...

And... after thinking about everything... my whole reason for doing this upcoming half marathon was to turn 35 in a healthy way... and if I push myself so hard that I am in pain, THAT is not healthy... so... I am truly going to listen to the recommendations of my PT guy... if he doesn't think I can do it, without injuring myself further, ok... but if there is a chance that doing it will set me way back, I am not okay with that...

Either way I will be attending the half marathon, with my friends... and we will have fun... I may end up cheering from the sidelines instead of being in it... but.. that's ok... I am talking myself into that being okay...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place