3/31/2013

A brief update...

I guess today is a big day for many people... Easter.  For many it is more sacred, I suppose, than Christmas. My family has never been huge on Easter.  I do remember getting Easter baskets as a kid, my most vivie memory was the year we got bunny chairs... they were inflatable.  Mine was brown I think and my sister's was pink... or maybe mine was blue... she always got pink.  The bunny  chair had long ears and a bright orange carrot.  I am pretty ignorant about the religious aspects of Easter... I think it is about resurrection... and I suppose I have always interpreted that to mean new beginnings... For many people Easter means family.  When people, over the years, inquire about my Easter plans and I often haven't had solid ones, people are not sure how to react.  I think they think it is odd... but for me, it's fine... I had planned on heading north this weekend to visit Dad and Betty, but it was a long week at work.  Wednesday I was at school from 6:45 am to 9:00 pm... My plan was to also stay late on Thursday, to finish some teacher evaluations that need to be finished and sent to the Supt. tomorrow... but after the long day on Wednesday I was in no shape Thursday to do so.  I called Dad and asked if I could postpone my lakeside reservations, needing to head into school this weekend.  He of course understood.  Even though I did need to spend time at school... turns out I did about 5 hours yesterday and 4 today... I also managed to have some fun.  I got to have dinner and see a movie with Suellen.  (The movie OZ that has just been released into theaters... not worth going to, just sayin'!)  I also got some time with Sara and Phil and Maria.  Oh my gosh, she is getting so big and is cuter than ever.  She was chatty all day... She is such a smart kid too and repeats everything!  Sara told me a story that recently they were going through a drive through, which they rarely do, and asked Maria what she wanted.  She responded that she wanted nuggets, fries, and a small diarrhea!  Where does she get that stuff? Sara asked her what that meant and Maria wasn't sure.  As Sara was telling me the story, Maria started running around and laughing.  She is quite the little comedian.
I enjoy getting to spend time with my friends. I really do.  I talked to Sara and Phil about trying to meet some new people and I think it made Sara feel guilty.  She got a little emotional and said that she hoped I knew that I could call her anytime... then followed it quickly with, even though I never call back... I believe that Sara and Phil like to spend time with me... that they love me like family... but when I am the one always  initiating contact it doesn't always feel that way.  It is what it is... and I want to add some people to my circle who will reach out to me as much as I reach out to them...
This should be an exciting week.  At work we continue our process to hire a new principal.  I am excited at the prospects.  Also, having completed this round of teacher evaluations I feel like a big weight has been lifted and I like that....and it is the first of two weeks left before vacation!  Yahoo!  I am very excited about vacation.  I plan on doing some volunteering and some kayaking at the beginning of the week and the end of the week will involve spending time with Michael!!  He is making the trip to Maine and I am very excited about that.  We don't have anything specific planned, but are hoping Mother Nature plays nicely and allows us to enjoy the beauty of Maine.
I also need to finalize my tire plans... yup tires.  I need to buy four tires for my truck... I had no idea how expensive tires are until I started pricing them at different places.  Thankfully Dad has offered to pay for two of the tires..(Thanks Dad!!!)  But it is still quite expensive.  I thought it would be easy... to compare tires... but each tire place carries different brands of tires... who knew there were so many things to consider when replacing tires... I mean.. needing four round rubber things on my truck is all I need... but apparently it isn't that simple!  I am leaning towards having it done at the dealership... but I am not sure yet... I have a couple of other places to price... If I had a man in my life.. this would totally be one of his jobs.  Ha!



No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place