2/19/2013

I'm on vacation!!!

I am on vacation! I am very excited to be on vacation.  As we did last year, my nephews and I headed north to spend part of the week with Dad and Betty.  
Sis brought the boys to me on Sunday and after a short visit, she headed back to NY.  
The boys and I hit the road Monday morning around 8:30, despite Ben's reminder that he is a teenager and as such should be allowed to sleep til 3 p.m.  On the way up we stopped to see my dad's sister, Aunt Donna and before we left Aunt Sharon and Uncle Allen stopped in for a short visit too.  The boys were a little unruly at Aunt Donna's, but not too bad... they were anxious to get to the lake and to get to a place where they could run around.  It was windy when we first arrived at the lake, the wind was blowing snow across the lake and even though the boys wanted to be out in the snow squalls, I was not about to freeze... but as the day wore on the wind died down a bit and we ventured out... Well... the younger two and I did.  

Jack and Davin were so excited to be on the lake... they immediately began running. 

 

And tried to find some snow that was not too packed down to make snow angels...



The moon was visible in the ski and reminded Jack that he had homework to do....



Jack had to go out and look at constellations. I got to go with him.. and it was COLD.. the wind was blowing, but it was a clear clear night and he was able to identify several of the stars he was supposed to... then I got cold and headed for the house. 

This morning Dad and Betty were distracted with some septic issues... so I entertained the boys with the 4 wheeler.  Much to my surprise, Dad said that we could pull a sled behind the four wheeler, as long as the boys had helmets on.  So I drove the boys around the lake and it was a lot of fun.  Later Dad told me that I could let Ben drive a little as long as I was with him, so I drove to a cove out of the bothers' sights and let Ben drive.  He seemed to like it and even though later, Grampee said the younger brothers could also try driving, Ben felt pretty special.  Oh... how could I forget... Davin and Betty made us all breakfast... waffles! 


After the septic issues were taken care of it was time to ice fish.  The boys get so excited to fish... and want to catch something so badly... they love watching Dad drill the holes in the ice... I kind of like it too...
 
 
 


 Then there's the waiting... the boys attention span is pretty short... but they hoped something would happen... and while we waited we once again used the 4 wheeler, or quad, as the boys have corrected me...

The sky was definitely changing... we are supposed to get some snow tonight... while it may ruin the quad riding if the snow gets too deep... it may give me an opportunity to use my snowshoes... 



Betty made some hot cocoa for us while we were 'fishing'... which in ice fishing means sitting around! 


Dad got a bomber hat for Christmas too... his is camo... so I thought it would be fun to take a pic of us together... self portrait! 
 My dad always makes funny faces when his pic is being taken... so I had to take two, just in case...

In the meantime... the brothers decided to have some brotherly fun... wrestling!  





then Ben decided to show us all his trick, with Davin... 

They really are growing up too fast!  

Dad and Betty went for a spin too... see what I mean about Dad making faces? Goober... Love him though! 


A fun trip so far... lucky to have time to spend here and to have family to spend it with! 

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place