10/11/2011

A nearly perfect weekend...

It was nice to have a three day weekend... As it worked out I had not been scheduled to work the tolls... and knowing the weather was supposed to be awesome I promised myself that I was not going to work this weekend... that I was going to do things I loved this weekend... and I did...

Friday night I got to hang with two of my favorite people... Sara and her daughter, Maria.  Phil was coaching football so we had a girls night...  It is so hard for me to believe that Maria is almost a year old!
She is adorable and kept Sara and I laughing.  Sara is doing well too... the Bells Palsy is still causing problems and she is still going through testing.  It is nice to spend time with them. 

Saturday I slept in and later in the day took my kayak to the river closeby.  It was beautiful... almost 80 degrees! In Maine! In October! It was awesome.  I was not the only one on the river.  I met a fellow kayaker, another woman, who enjoys paddling that river too.  It was nice to chat with her.  As I paddled I heard something in the woods nearby and thought maybe I would get lucky and see a deer.  I was wrong!  It was animals making the noise... COWS... about 15 of them.... behind some trees.  Apparently the river acts as a fence along some property there.  It was funny.  The cows were not happy to see me and kept stomping their feet at me..  they got very close to the edge of the water and snorted at me.  It was entertaining.  I went further up the river than I had gone before.  The fall colors were not as bright as I thought they would be, but it was still beautiful.  After kayaking I went to see some of my students play football.  It was nice to see them play... see them in a different capacity.  Many of their parents were pleased I was there, thinking I had come to see their child specifically.  It was cute.  It was a great night for a football game. 

Sunday I went on one of my longest kayak adventures yet.  With four friends we kayaked about 11 miles! It was great! We went through a set of 'locks' where you get closed in and the water level is changed to lower or raise you to the water level of the other part of the river.  It was great !  I got my first sunburn of the year though!

After our adventure we hit a local watering hole for some beverages and dinner.  Part way through dinner I got all stuffed up and started sneezing.  I thought it was because we were outside and there were some people smoking... but Iw as wrong.  Yesterday I woke up, still stuffy.  I was determined to still enjoy the day off and headed to the ocean.  I mean, when it is October, and over 80 degrees in Maine, notbeing outside is a shame... so I got to the ocean and after about a half hour my head was throbbing, sinus pressure... I wanted nothing else but to go home and sleep... and that's what I did.  Unfortunately it has not yet gone away.  I went into school today for an early morning meeting, then came home for the day.  I may stay home tomorrow too. 

I tried to upload some pictures, but got an error message.  But will add pics soon! 

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place