7/05/2011

Rico in Beantown!

Last Thursday I had the opportunity to spend some time with Rico! Rico's job brought him to Boston and since that is a reasonable distance to me here in Maine, we decided to meet up and spend the afternoon together. We had a lot of fun.

The last time we had seen each other was about a month or so before Mom died when he had come to visit. It was nice to see him Thursday on a much happier note.

I took the bus to Boston to meet him. (Easier than driving and probably saved some gas money!) After meeting at the airport we took the T (the Boston subway/train system) into the city. Our mission was to find an Irish bar and have lunch and beverages. Mission accomplished! We then walked around the waterfront and ended up in the North End where we went to another bar.

Rico is a very important person to me. We have the kind of friendship that requires little maintenance in that we don't talk often, don't email a ton, but we are there for each other...similar in many ways... I really appreciate it. He has always offered me perspectives that make me see things differently and usually are very helpful.... although he did refer to me as a princess on this trip... relating to how I order and my likes/dislikes when it comes to food... I happen to be sensitive to certain textures...and I like things the way I like them... what's wrong with that?

It was GREAT to sit, talk, laugh, and enjoy my time with someone I care about. Thanks to Rico for a fun adventure! I hope your job brings you back to Beantown soon!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place