6/05/2011

Good Weekend

Ahhh... As I sit in my living room knowing there are only two weeks of school left for my students I am excited. I have a lot to do, but I am excited. I have been cleaning out my classroom, really cleaning and packin gup things that belong to me, that I bought, and will bring them home in case I have a new job for next year. (Fingers crossed!) This weekend I should have probably done some things around my house and in my classroom, but I didn't.

Because it was too windy to kayak on Friday, a few coworkers and I opted, instead to have some cool adult beverages, which was fun. It was nice to 'yak' with each other outside of school. That night, Suellen and I walked into the park in our town. They were having a festival of sorts, to celebrate the town. There was some live music and lots of interesting people to see. I did run into some family friends who spend time during the summer camping up at the mountain, the same place Dad camps. It was nice to see them.

Saturday I worked around my house a little in the morning, getting some laundry done, etc. And then worked the tolls in the afternoon. This is a squirrel that lives near the exit where I was working. The 'regulars' feed it by hand, and have seen her nursing her babies. So... She came to the door while I Was on break and wanted some food, so I gave her this pretzel! Crazy Squirrel! I then met up with an out of town friend... to watch the Bruins. He and I have not watched hockey together in a long time. It was nice, even though the team I was cheering for lost and he was happy about it. When he and I first met we spent time watching hockey... and while I was somewhat a hockey fan before him, more so college hockey, watching the games with him taught me a lot about the game and have become much more of a hockey fan. He's a good guy... I was not sure if I would see him again... but I am glad we got to hang out.

Today... you guessed it, kayaking! It was a great day for it. I have a friend who has been wanting to try kayaking and today was that day. She, along with two of my coworkers, and I went kayaking. We went to a river where I have been once before, but we decided to explore an off-shoot of the river and it just kept going and going and going. It felt like we were in a bayou or something, and I half expected to see alligators or crocodiles poke their heads up through the murky water.
We could have kept paddling, but the woman who had never kayaked before was a little tired and we decided to head back.
We saw two families of Canada Geese, one with two babies, and one with seven! AND..I caught a turtle! Bare handed! I snuck up on him from behind... and just as he was about to plunge into the water, I pushed down on his shell a little pinning him, then picked him up. His little legs were flailing like crazy.. I am sure he was a little scared, but he calmed down and I let him go after taking a few pictures.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place