5/22/2010

Under control...

So the whole blood clot situation seems to be under control... my blood tests are showing that my levels have been pretty consistent and I don't have to get it drawn for about another week or so. I did have another little issue however... after the food poisoning thing I ended up with having some significant back pain, most likely my sciatic, most likely from pulling something while I was getting sick from the food poisoning... I was wicked uncomfortable and was prescribed some pain killers that did help. I am on the mend... even did a little Zumba at work the other day... we had a wellness day at my school and I had signed up to help out with Zumba. My intentions were to go and help supervise the kiddos... but as soon as I got there and the music started... I had to do it.. HAD to Zumba... so I changed into my shorts and went for it. I didn't go 100%, but it was a good workout and felt good. My back was okay during the zumba but was stiff afterwards.

I have started the final class of my masters program, besides my internship! It is a four week class and it meets two times each week. It is A LOT of work crammed into a four week session. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, but am also so excited to finish this program... I feel like I have been working on it for a long time... and life threw lots of curveballs at me along the way.. but I am almost at the end. Yahoo!

When I began the program I considered changing careers, from teacher to administrator, but figured I would stay in the teaching role... but my thinking is shifting. I am so tired of politics and other stuff that I think I want to throw my hat into the administrative ring and see what happens. I think I can/could make a difference at a building level... and I want to take on that challenge. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

Wow! Lots going on...
1) Happy to hear that clot said "SO LONG".
2) Sorry to hear that back is acting up...you get sciatic problems with pregnancy...just sayin' ;o)
3) WAY TO GO on finishing classes in your masters program! That must feel GREAT!

P.S. When we finally move to NH/MA, I am DYING to try Zumba...would love to tag along (If I'm not too old by then)! :o)

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place