5/08/2010

Birthday


I had intended to ring in my 35th birthday after just completing a half marathon...I had intended to ring in my 35th birthday with health and wellness.... apparently my 35th birthday had other plans for me... My IT band prevented me, along with the pouring rain, from walking the half marathon...and this whole blood clot thing means that the first thing I did this morning was inject myself with anti clotting medication... Happy birthday! Perhaps this is a lesson, another of many, that I cannot control everything... and sometimes it I can control very little. Oh well... I am LUCKY, very lucky... and I recognize that... but I admit that it is frustrating.

My morning has been nice... today would have also been my mom's birthday... or is her birthday... was...I guess... anyway... she and I had the tradition of trying to be the first one to say happy birthday to the other one... this morning... I had a few people contact me early to wish me well, including a 7 a.m. test message from Sara and Phil, followed by a 7:20 phone call from Donna and Kenny, amazing people who have been family friends for years... I was serenaded by them which really made me chuckle and brought a smile to my face... it was nice!

So... the days leading up to my birthday have not been what I expected or even would have wanted, but... so far, I have found myself smiling this morning... and am enjoying being lazy... I have thought long and hard about this: There will be cake in my future!!!

Happy Birthday Mom... I love ya, and miss you....

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place