2/16/2009

Hitting the road...

This picture is one I stumbled upon when searching for peaceful images... I like it. I am feeling better... I think the antibiotics have helped a lot.... so have the other prescriptions. I feel well enough to travel to see my mom without fearing that I will make her sick. I am still worn down, but am hoping that I will get enough rest this week to be back to 100% before heading back to school next week. So... tomorrow I hit the road... heading north to see my parents. I was hoping to stop on my way up to see my dad's mother and sisters but schedules didn't quite work out that way, so I will stop to see them on my return trip. I am excited to see them... but worry that I will be more emotional on the return trip when I see them. But, we'll see... I am sure it will be good to see them.... whichever part of the trip it is... they are very supportive parts of our lives and I love them for that.

I am welcoming calmness and peace into this trip... and will try to prepare myself and my patience... as I think both will be tested. My mother's brother, my mother's sister and her family, are also going to be there while I am there... at least for a few days. There have been aspects of the family dynamics involved with this that are very stressful. So... I will be strong... and calm... yet not passive... balance will be important.

Very important.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place