10/06/2008

Setting Goals


In July, (Just after my pvns free news) my friend Sara and I had a great discussion about being healthy... and we re-committed ourselves to taking care of ourselves and each other. We have done really well with that. On Sunday, Sara met her first goal, which was to run a half marathon. that's her in that picture at the end of the race. Originally her goal was to finish it... but as she trained and realized she could run that distance, she decided to set a time goal for herself. She set the goal and yesterday she met that goal! Is she awesome or what? She does want to complete an entire marathon, but wanted to do this first to see if she really wants to do a marathon... and she does! She said she was glad she didn't have to run it yesterday, but said she felt like she was well trained for this race and thinks with more training she could do a full marathon...

Sara is the second person I am close to who has run a race of that caliber... My sister has run an entire marathon! I was there when she ran and was so proud of her. I saw how hard it was and know that I could not do it... I don't say that lightly... I have no desire to run that far, partly because of my knee but mostly because psychologically I don't think I am that tough... My sister did it and I have so much respect for that. 26.2 miles... wow... and Sara will do that someday too.

I don't have an event that I want to conquer as far as being healthy... my goal is to just eat well and be active... which is a great goal... but I do admit that having something to strive for... is a great way to measure that goal... But... I don't have any big goal in mind... but I do celebrate the little things, like being able to walk back cove or doing more things at the gym... but... maybe it's something to think about.

Anyway... Congratulations my dear friend Sara! You are amazing and I love ya!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place