10/03/2008

Celebrate! Celebrate!



Good news... no GREAT news.... My mom met with her oncologist today... and in his words... he "believes the tumor is dying." The TUMOR is DYING... the TUMOR... not my mom... the TUMOR... the results of the catscan are positive... the tumor appears to have gotten a little bigger, but with this particular treatment she is doing, that is normal...(I hate that word!) When this treatment works, it causes the tumor to liquify and causes some of the cells to die which is exactly what is happening.

My mom was sooooooooooo excited on the phone... she was bummed because the cell reception wasn't better and she couldn't talk longer... but she sounded sooo good! I could tell as soon as she said hello... Momma's got her groove back!!! The first thing she said to me after explaining all this... sent shivers down my spine... she said..., "Kimberlee, we can be hopeful!" I asked her if she had read my last post and she had not... she hadn't been feeling like doing much the last couple of days so she hadn't read it... and that's what she said to me.... WE CAN BE HOPEFUL! Amazing...

Of course this doesn't mean that there aren't tough times ahead. She is still on her meds and still having times that she feels really crappy, but... she said today, if it's working... we're gonna keep going with what we are doing! She said if the week or two when she is off the meds means she doesn't feel good, that's ok.. she will deal with it...

Psychologically that HAS to make swallowing those pills so much easier! yahoooooooo! Yahoooooo! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! How must Dad feel? I have the image of him, of all of us in the waiting room after her surgery... the devastation... and we weren't given much hope... but... we got hope baby! We got hope!

I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place