11/28/2013

Family...

Everyone who knows me knows how much family means to me.  
Today, Thanksgiving, is my favorite holiday... I get to see many family members who I don't often get to see.  I love it.  Today we had 33 people... a good crowd.. mostly my father's siblings and their children and grandchildren... it was great.  
My Dad's sisters have been going through more of the things from my grandmother's house and sent some things home with me and Dad.  Among the treasures were a couple of pictures that I love! 

This is me... with my grandfather, Dad's dad... when I was 7 months old.  Grampie sat in that chair and subsequent chairs in that same location and would tell us stories... we were always so enamored with him.  The bookcase in the back left, is not in my home... and makes this picture even more special to me.  (ALso special because, as a second born child, I have few baby pictures!) 

This picture was also in the package and I love this as well. A picture of me with my sister and Mom.  I showed this to Betty and asked her how old she thought I was in the photo and she said 3.  According to the date on the back of the picture... I was probably 15 months old!  Love this... 
I am grateful for my family... 
Grateful for Betty and Jacey in becoming such an integral part of our family.... 
and... for my Friends... you know who you are... I am grateful for you... and consider you family... 
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place