9/07/2013

Lakefest!

Kayaks, kayaks, and more kayaks!!!  Today I was in NH, on Lake Winnipesaukee to help the effort to break a world record for the number of kayaks and canoes on one lake.  The bad news? We didn't break the world record.  The good news? We broke the record for New England... the best news? I had an amazing time with friends!  We drove down last night and stayed at the house my friend Rachel grew up in, her parents house.  It was so fun to meet them.  Also so fun to meet her husband who is an absolute riot !  We got to the area around 7:00 and stopped at her aunt's house to pick up the fourth kayak we needed for today... this was the view from her aunt's house... 


 Beautiful spot... 

from there we dropped off our kayaks, locking them up... and they were still there this morning!  After that we picked up pizza and headed to Rachel's house... and proceeded to sit around the kitchen table with her parents and laugh for about four hours... telling stories, just laughing.. it was AWESOME!  I laughed so much.  So when we had to get up before 6 a.m today I was a bit tired.. but it was worth it.. we arrived early to get some lake time... we wanted to paddle a bit before having to do the official count... 

See? Kayaks were safe and sound!  

Our crew:  Jim and Rachel in the front.. Linda and I in the back... with the lake behind us!  

The mountains were gorgeous!  And.. for the What about Bob fans... who know the movie was based on being on Lake Winnipesaukee.. yes.. I said a few times, "I'm sailing!!!"  

Our morning adventure began... the water was so calm... 





Eagle!







Awww the cute couple!!  They are so good together! 



Other kayakers also exploring before the big event!  







Eventually we circled back to the event area and saw this boat... I needed a picture because who can spell Winnipesaukee without some help?


Each participant was given a number, to help do the official count... Look at that... I'm Number one!!!  About time the world recognized that.  

I'm #1!  



Check out this cool craft... wasn't able to count in the official count.. but cool! 

More and more kayaks were gathering... 









Paddle salute!  Looked so cool!  









After the official count, they had a festival for us... and this was a demonstration in the water... this looked cool!  


It was an amazing time... So glad to have had the opportunity and so glad some friends were able to do it too... It was so fun!  

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place