2/16/2012

Day 48... Still going...

Yup, day 48 already.... that's pretty crazy.  Today instead of going to the gym I decided to go for a nice walk... one of my favorite trails... Back Cove... 3.5 miles.  It started out pretty warm and sunny, but after about a mile in the clouds came and the wind picked up.  The rest of the walk was a bit breezy... I took my camera with me, which made it a leisurely stroll, and I enjoyed it.  Here are some pictures from the path... to give you an idea of what this area is like... and I will share my thoughts as I was walking today.... the walk was good for thinking... 

Start here... sometimes I wish there were signs around that would tell me what direction to head these days... new job new job new job... ready for a new job... 

 The trail goes around the cove and there are a lot of birds around.  These birds, I think starlings, were flying then landing then flying, filling the sky.  It was kind of cool.  

Portland Trails has done a great job at landscaping along the walk.  These shrubs stood out today.  I love the red.  I am ready for color to return... while this winter has been mild, it has still been dreary and gray... I am ready for color... and yes... I of course have a double meaning there... I am ready for more color in my life... ready for new things, new beginnings... 

The path today had some puddles, but overall was pretty dry.  I have walked around here when it was almost impassable.  

A penguin!!!!!???  I saw this bird swimming and have not seen a bird like this around here before... I thought it looked like a penguin.  It also reminded me of a loon because of the black and white, and made me crave kayaking... 

This is the bridge that goes alongside interstate 295. I like walking over the bridge... before living in this area and I would drive through Portland I would see people walking, jogging, and biking on that bridge and thought it was pretty cool.  I do love Portland... I do love Maine... 

This is looking down into the water from the bridge.  It may be hard to tell, but there are all kinds of little mussels down there.... I always like to look down and see them... depending on the light, sometimes you can see the purple in the shells.  

After crossing the bridge I passed some bushes and noticed this sign... not sure of its origin... was it used by a hitchhiker to get to Portland?  It made me think of my sister... who has fallen in love with Portland, OR... and made me think of Michael... who is in the 'other' Portland... I had to text him to say hello and have him join me on my walk for a bit!  (Thanks for joining me, Michael!) 
 Of course texting with Michael from one Portland to another... made me think about my friendships... and I know that no matter where I am I will have my friends... no matter how far away... Part of me is really up for a big change, as in moving far away... but the rest of me is ready for change a little closer to home... I would love to have an opportunity here, to stay in an area I love so much... But even if the scenery stays the same, I need parts of it to change...


I like this picture.  The sun had been pushed behind the clouds, but she was still shining brightly.  Maybe I am feeling like I am behind some clouds... 

I like that there are benches along this walk.  

Ahhh... I found the sun... despite the clouds!  


This structure is about halfway around Back Cove... I call it my stretching castle.  I stop there and stretch each time and enjoy the view of Portland.  

I like the mile markers.... telling me how far I have come and allowing me to calculate how much further I have to go... simple... 


Ducks... lots of ducks... I tried to get a picture of several ducks flying at the same time, but didn't get the camera up soon enough... but I kind of like the angle of this... with Portland in the back... 

Chaos.  

I really love Portland... love that it is a small city... love that it is on the water... love that it offers so much... love that it is close to my friends... and is a reasonable distance to my family... I remember missing that when I was in CT before... but... a lot has changed... 

Another duck... I like the Mr. T hairstyle!  

This is the final third of the walk... I like the way the light was...which didn't come out well in the picture... 

This is zooming in on that bridge, the 295 bridge from across the cove.  And.. that building is the B & M bean factory... baked beans... 

I like the circle rock...and its reflection...

40 degrees??!!  Yup, that's what the time and temperature building said!  Is it really February 16th? Yup.  And... it was approaching 4:30 and it was still light!!!  

Mission Accomplished... 

 After doing the walk... I saw this bumper sticker on a car... 

I need to be patient... I know this.  Change will come... I will get a new job... it's just a matter of the right opportunity and the timing... so... I need to take deep breaths... remember I  have a life to live... know that there will be clouds... and know that I will make it..... I will reach  my goal... 

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place