3/28/2011

MRI

This picture cracked me up when I saw it.. so I had to share!

Tomorrow will be an interesting day... One that will test this whole idea of having faith...In June I will return to Boston to see my PVNS superhero, my doctor... it has been almost two years since I last danced out of his office after hearing good news, that my knee was still pvns free and that he didn't need to see me for a couple of years... so, in preparation for this June visit I need to have an MRI. Tomorrow is that day. Yes it seems early to have an MRI for an appt. that is not until June, but loyal blog readers know that in the past the insurance hoops have been many and jumping through them has proven difficult. So... this time I started really early and, thankfully, my primary care doctor's office (new since my last round with testing), has been awesome!

My knee has been doing well... I have had a few instances this winter where it felt stiff, but I am hoping that it's nothing more than cold weather and a bit of arthritis... which has been present since surgery. But, knowing that I am going to have an MRI to see if PVNS has begun to revisit my knee... causes some anxiety. I have recently begun communicating with a couple people who came across my blog... who are at different points within their own pvns journeys... it has brought up memories of how much pain I was in... and feelings of gratitude for how far I have come.

I have no reason to believe that my knee is anything but healthy... so...I am pretty sure that the results of the MRI tomorrow... will be... positive... and maybe, just maybe the results will be sent to my Boston superhero and he will call and tell me there is no need to come see him because the knee looks healthy! Or maybe I will go to see him in June and he will say... 'Things look great, go on, get out of here. I don't need to see you again, unless you begin to have issues.' Knowing my doctor... who is pretty protective of his pvns patients... chances are, I will need to return in a couple more years... but time will tell... so.. fingers crossed for tomorrow... I know that the MRI itself is not all that fun... 45 minutes to an hour without movement can be tough... but I can do it... But that doesn't stop the butterflies in my stomach...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place