2/23/2011

My Valentine...

I do have some sad news to report... My wonderful cat, Tess, recently became ill, and on Valentine's Day, I made the difficult decision to have her euthanized. She is the cat pictured as the top cat over on the right. I had her since the summer of 2000. Her kidneys, the vet said, seemed to be too small for her body. The vet suggested that we try to give her some medication and fluids to see if her cold like symptoms would suppress and she could survive longer... so I tried to nurse her back to health, including having to give her IV fluids at home for a few days. (Yes I had to jab her with a needle.) But she did not improve...and was not eating... and I could not let her suffer... She was a cat with a distinct personality... definitely my cat, not warming up to others well and no matter how hard he tried, she could never be befriended by my dad. She was the matriarch of my feline pride... and will be missed...

Those who know me well, can probably guess that it made me think a lot about my mother's death and how long she suffered... I know there is no comparison between losing my mother and losing one of my cats, obviously... but... there were some triggers that took me back to things with my mom...

Rest in Peace Miss Tess. Thanks for your love and comfort over the years.

1 comment:

carolee said...

such a beautiful girl!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place