9/19/2010

My second 10k

So today I walked my second 10k race ever. (The first being last year's) I couldn't remember what my time was from last year and I didn't try to find it because I didn't want to intimidate myself. I did GREAT walking this summer, was doing a lot of miles and feeling great. Then, the internship and teaching took over and I really haven't walked in like a month. So, I was nervous for today, thinking that I was going to be last (which would be okay as long as I crossed the finish line of my own accord, not via an ambulance or something...) But, it went well. I am tired I am sore, and will probably be more so tomorrow... which is why I already scheduled a chiropractic appointment for tomorrow! My time today, unofficially, was 1 hour and 39 minutes, six minutes less than last year's time. I am pleased with that. If I can maintain that pace for the upcoming half marathon, my time will be close to last year's... but... I am trying to not put that kind of pressure on myself. Because I want to enjoy the half... and I was really pushing it today. This year's half will also have some different challenges ... last year my sister walked with me, side by side, so we were able to talk and it helped pass the time. This year, I am walking solo. I have a couple of friends who are also participating, but they are running/jogging and will be ahead of me. So, I may take my mp3 player to dance my way through the 13.1 miles... we'll see.

I was hoping to be lighter this year, by the time the half roleld around, but I am not... I was hoping to be able to jog it, but I can't. BUT... I will walk it, all of it, and will be thrilled to cross the finish line... BFA and all!

1 comment:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

Looking FABULOUS and INSPIRATIONAL...as Always! Love ya Lady... :)

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place