7/03/2010

Summer Vacation...

It's summer vacation... and while it started out being a little hectic... I have been able to have some fun... a lot of fun actually. The stressful start to summer involved finishing paperwork for my job and writing some papers for my graduate class and internship. But... then I have had the chance to go visit my dad up north, and have done a lot of activities inclucing kayaking and biking. I have been pretty dedicated to getting up early, 5:30 ish and heading to the gym or walking (M-F at least) and then later in the day often doing another activity like zumba, buking, or kayaking. I am very excited because I have been able to increase my mileage with walking up to 4 miles, as of today... this means that I am on track with my training for this fall's half marathon. My knee (not the pvns knee, but the knee whose IT band has been hurting) hasn't hurt... so I am sticking to the schedule and hoping for the best. Per the physcial therapist's orders I am avoiding walking on uneven surfaces like the beach. But my activity level is increasing...and I am happy. My back has been pretty tender, so I am being careful with it, icing it often and spending quality time with my chiropractor. I have a lot to do this summer, for my internship. Lots of hours working on school things... but I WILL continue to be active and enjoying this beautiful state. Here are a couple of pictures I took while kayaking yesterday.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place