1/27/2015

Snow Storm!!

It is snowin' and blowin' out there!  I just went out to shovel a path to my truck and there was more than two feet of snow... granted some of that is drifts, but still, A LOT of snow... the plow truck has made quite a snowbank... I just got an email from the condo association leader to see if I am comfortable moving my vehicle so they can plow... I think it would be a smart idea to have them come do the parking lot now and then come again tomorrow... there is a lot... fortunately it is light and fluffy snow, so it is a little easier to shovel.  I will go out in a while and shovel out some of my neighbors... I didn't have to go to school today (Yahoo!)  and while I should have been doing school stuff... I have been packing boxes... I have packed quite a bit already... packing because I am going to be moving this spring at some point... hoping to move into a house that I buy, but may have to rent again because my landlord is selling this place and while I like living here, it is not a place I want to buy.  So I am trying to pack up my non essential stuff... today I packed up some craft supplies as well as board games and my fancy glasses (wine and margarita glasses)...cookbooks...and a few other things... doing it a little at a time is a good thing for me... I am contemplating packing up a lot of my kitchen stuff.. leaving out enough glasses/plates for sharing dinner with a couple friends, some pots/pans and bowls... but could pack up some of the other stuff... it will be fun to unpack everything because I am sure I will have forgotten some of the stuff I have.  I am trying to empty out/pack up things from places (Like the draws and cupboards in my hutch) so that I don't have to do it in a rush... my guest room is 90% packed up... I am going to leave most things on my walls because I don't have a safe place to store the large pictures and paintings and because I still want to feel good living here.  ..those are things I can hopefully move myself, carefully... but will have movers do the rest... I am also trying to pack a lot so that if I don't get a house right away I can put some stuff in storage and rent a smaller cheaper place until I do buy a place... I need to do some work in my basement... I have a few shelves down there that I want to take apart and take to the dump... they have gotten a little mildew on them from being in the basement... I would also like to take almost everything out of the basement so that when I move it's easier... I will leave my bike, Christmas decorations, and gardening stuff (That I have not used here) in the basement for the movers to move... because I don't have another great place to put that stuff... I also need to throw away some of my old teaching stuff... still hard to let go of the stuff I created to help kids... but I am not going back to the classroom...

So.. an update... the last post shared that I was worried that pvns is back in my left knee... I still have that fear... but I also have found that being more active and doing some of my old physical therapy exercises has helped... a lot.  I am averaging 3 to 4 miles a day of walking at work (about 1.2 miles is the morning walk I do before school starts) and some days I manage to do over 5 miles... that, combined with eating differently I am feeling better... I am optimistic about my knee feeling better... but will keep an eye on it and will likely end up back in Boston to see my doctor, but hoping to put that off for a while... Don't worry Dad, I won't wait until it is unbearable!  I am doing well with it... just keeping it in the front of my mind and easing myself into the idea of having to have another MRI and if pvns is back, what that would mean...

Work... it continues to be an interesting year.  There continues to be new learnings on a daily basis... I haven't written as much here about work... mainly because by the time I get home I need to separate myself from it... but I continue to be happy with what I am doing and see myself continuing in this role for a while. 

I hope that other folks in the northeast part of the country are staying safe and warm...


1 comment:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

House shopping! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY! :)

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place