9/01/2014

Summer... a quick review...

Tomorrow marks the beginning of another school year... I approach it with mixed feelings as I know it also signifies a change of season.  I have done a lot this summer... I guess in the moment I don't feel like I did a lot this summer, but... when I think about it... It started with a trip to the mountain, my only trip this summer as it worked out... I got to see my mountain, unwind, visit with some critters, and just enjoy the beautiful area... The mountain adventure was followed by an amazing trip to Oregon... I loved that trip.. the time I got to spend there with Michael, the opportunity to meet his wife and to enjoy a new favorite summer cocktail, the lemon drop.  I got to see so much of Oregon and got so much time with one of my best friends.  I am lucky.  The trip in and of itself was amazing... but it also reinforced my desire to travel, to see more areas of this country and eventually go international.  I pushed myself to do things I was afraid to do, mainly related to my fear of heights... and had, as I called them, 'near death experiences,' like riding the ski lift to the top of Lady Hood... After Oregon I performed my first gay wedding, my second wedding ever... it is nice to perform a wedding for people you care about.  Then I got the boys for two and  a half weeks... and I feel so lucky to get to see them growing up, becoming who they are... they are amazing people and I am fortunate that they want to come visit.  We had some great adventures including time at the lake with Dad and Betty and a couple of nights in Acadia... then it was back to work... but managed to find some time to get on the water and kayak.  I returned to some of my favorite spots and have also had the chance to try some new spots.   I'm looking forward to more time on the water before it gets too cold to do so.  I am lucky to live in such a great area, it is so beautiful here. 
I have also spent some time this summer dating someone... He uses words like relationship and girlfriend... and I say we have been hanging out and dating... he is a good guy... we have worked hard to build a strong foundation.  He has been joining me on some of my kayaking adventures and keeps asking to go again, so I think he likes it.  It's not easy, this...'relationship' thing... but as I keep telling him... so far so good... I'm not sure where it will go, but it is nice to have someone to do things with. 
I am looking forward to seeing the kids this week... I miss them in the summer.... don't get me wrong... I enjoy the lack of day to day drama, but I do miss them.  I am sad summer is over... but hope it is a great fall! 

Here's to a great school year! 

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place