9/07/2014

A day on the water... higher than normal...

Usually a day on the water, for me, involves my red kayak and a paddle... today, however, I was invited to join some friends on a whale watch.  I debated whether or not I wanted to go, but it was beautiful!  I am so glad I went.  We did see a few whales, from a distance, though I only got a picture that shows part of a whale... it was so beautiful... here are some pictures! 

This boat was called KATAHDIN...which is why I took the pic... the name of My mountain on a boat! 








I took this picture because I was... shaking my head at this couple... who were 'sleeping' on the boat.. seriously? It was gorgeous out and you choose to close your eyes... when the whales were around they were up and perky... apparently for them it is about the destintaion and not about the journey.  


My friends who invited me... the couple I married in July. 


WHALE... or part of one at least..


Yours truly... trying not to squint, but the sun was bright! 















I love loving in Maine!  I am lucky... to be in the better PORTLAND!

1 comment:

Michael Heisler said...

HUH?!?!?! If older, smaller, snowier and flatter constitutes bettter, than I guess you're right. Your Portland is pretty cool, but better? I think not!!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place