1/04/2014

I had lots to say...but... lost it!

I declined an invitation to spend time with one of my friends this weekend... I felt badly...but I know that the visit would have been a lot of me listening and a lot of her ... complaining, to be blunt.. She is a sweet person... she talks to a lot of people about the problems in her life and seems to want advice, but she is an advice shopper... she goes to lots of people until someone tells her something she wants to hear.  I also had heard from Meg who asked about possibly getting together this weekend... and I told her we should wait a week or so... I was in need of some down time... some solo time. 

Yesterday I was at work until almost 6... and was not done with the things I wanted to do.  I decided to go in today and finish up... I hung up some pictures in my office... some that my Oregon Friend had printed for me... they look GREAT!  I am very excited to have them in there... I decorated my office... and it was nice... I have a lot of things in there that have a lot of meaning to me... I have some pictures of places I love, pics I took, and items people had given to me, including the framed art Jill gave me when I got my new job... I have a picture of me in 7th grade, to remind me that I was once a kid... and I have a picture of my nephews...to remind me that I need to set a good example... I want to put a few more pictures up, quotes perhaps... and I will be all set... it feels good to have things the way I want them.  Then I used the exercise room in my school.  It was nice... later this month I am going to challenge my staff and other staff district wide to do the 100 day challenge... and I am very excited about it...

I have had similar conversations recently, with two of my Friends... about me and my job... both have said they worry that I will burn out...and wonder how other people with the same job do so without burning out... it's a good question... I do get tired at times.  I put a lot into my job...and always think I could do more... I don't think that I will be able to keep it up forever... eventually I think I will get to a point where I need something different... like I did when I was teaching... I knew that I was at a point where I needed a change... and I will know when that time comes again... Going back to school for the new year... I am excited to see my kids... but I do think I need to keep track of the amount of time I spend dealing with twitter and other forms of cyberbullying... to show that we need to put some filters on our technology and/or do A LOT more to educate kids about how to use the technology and to establish some new rules/protocols for when that activity gets out of control.  In thinking about the first half of the year... had I not had to deal with the twitter stuff... I would have been a lot less stressed and would have been able to do more to help kids...

I had started writing tonight with a lot in my head.. and it's now gone... So I am going to call it a night.  chill out...and maybe watch some netflix! 

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place