11/03/2014

Rub a Dub Dub..

I planned a self indulgent night away... and for the most part, it was exactly what I needed... I wish the weather had been better, it was rainy, cold rainy, and windy... but I slept in Saturday morning, woke up and then cuddled with the kitties for a bit... they have been feeling neglected... watched an episode of a show on Netflix and then decided to make breakfast.  I had debated about going out, but decided it was just as easy to stay in... then I got ready to hit the road and stopped to get gas.  Gas was under $3.00 a gallon!!!??? That was a good way to start my trip.  I drove to North Conway NH and decided to do some shopping before going to the hotel and managed to find some good things... though my intentions were to do some Christmas shopping I ended up buying things for myself... Merry Christmas to me??  It was fun to not have to be on a schedule and when I got to check into the hotel I was ready to relax... or so I thought... I unpacked a bit and since I had reserved this specific room for its gigantic bathtub I decided that should be my next move.  I filled the tub and got in... now it has been a looooong time since I took a bath... since my legs are so long I rarely have the opportunity to soak in a tub... so I soaked for a few minutes and then wondered what all the fuss is about... I was hot... the water was hot and the room was hot... and to be honest...I was... bored... so... I got out of the tub... got some cold water to drink, turned the heat way down or the AC on, I don't know which, put a cd in the room's dvd player...not just any cd by the way... the soundtrack to Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grille... the show I saw in NYC last spring, that was AMAZING... I got back in the tub got comfy, closed my eyes and listened... I heard Audra MacDonald portraying Billie Holiday... and I was taken back to that show... to sitting at the table closest to the stage on which she performed... and I could picture her expressions, her body language... and I was able to relax... It was NICE.... after the cd ended I decided I should decide if I wanted to go out to dinner or go get some snacks... and since the room had a dvd player decided a movie or two would also be a good option... though I rarely sit and watch a movie because that usually leads to multitasking...emailing, facebooking, etc... I decided I should go out to dinner AND have some snacks for later... I ended up having dinner at the bar in the hotel and it was pretty good.  The Bruins game was on and there were a couple of English blokes at the bar drinking girly drinks and asking the bartender to experiment with various combinations... it was quite entertaining... but I was drawn back to my room and took another bath... yes, that's right... two baths in one night... and while in the tub, watched a movie... or part of one at least... (the tub was in the main part of the room.) 
I did end up texting a bit after the second soaking... and watched all of both movies... and felt pretty good...
I need to do more to relax....on a regular basis... and need to make it a priority... We all should... so... do something just for you, and do it soon! 

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place