7/11/2012

Sunset paddle

Yesterday a friend of mine posted in facebook that she was organizing a kayak trip to watch the sunset... and invited people to bring food to share and there were rumors that there was going to be a fire... 
Seven of us ended up going and it was a blast!  
Some of the crew were already in their 'yaks while we waited for the pyros... 

Pyro A (Yes, that is a plastic float her husband designed for a fire... plastic and fire??) 

A baguette... to accompany the sweet and sour kielbasa... (there was also shrimp, mexican pinwheels, strawberries, mango, watermelon, pumpkin squares, stuffed mushrooms... and smores!) 

Pyro 2... who dropped the lighter in the water...

Pyro one laughing at pyro 2...

This has BAD IDEA writtan ALL over it!! Seriously, dragging a plastic raft that will hopefully hold a fire? Dad, I stayed clear... I promise... didn't even get close enough to cook a smore!

It was beautiful looking over towards NH and the White Mountains...


The fire float kept coming unattached... 


So... pyro 2 held onto a rope and the float while pyro 1 paddled... my oh my... 


Time to share food... 



Freedom!!! 

Kayak High Five! 

Will this work after being dropped in the water?

YES!  And we may have sung the Olympic music at this point...




And we have fire... 

I was way more interested in the sunset...














It was beautiful!! 

Oh... and today I started decorating my office!!!  Pics soon... 
AND... I found a new place to live!  YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO! 
GREAT day!  

1 comment:

Sheila R. Piner MS, LPCC, NCC said...

You got some beautiful pictures of the sunset!!!! What a marvelous kayaking adventure!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place